Thank you for visiting our volunteer page! New Opportunities offers many avenues to give back in your community through volunteering!
Together we can make a difference!
Each Family Development Center relies on volunteers to help low income families in each county. Opportunities available to volunteer may include:
- Back to School Supplies
- Collect Back to School Supplies in your Community
- Prepare Back to School supply Bags
- Christmas Toys:
- Prepare Christmas Toy packages
- Adopt a Family for Christmas
- Fulfill a needy child’s Christmas request from the Giving Tree
- Food Pantry
- Organize a Food Drive to benefit families in your community
- Re stock Food Pantry
- Pick up food donations
- Holiday Food Baskets (Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Help Distribute food at the Mobile Pantry
- SHARE Distribution
- Summer Food Service
- Clothes Closet
- Organize Clothing
National Able Program: Please contact your local Family Development Center for more information if you are 55 & older and are interested in an on the job training program.
Mentoring a child through the Mentoring Program is fun and rewarding for children and adults. Mentoring creates a special bond and can help build self-esteem, develop strong values, and provide a fun and nurturing environment. Staff are here to help, so don’t hesitate to make a difference – call today! 1-712-792-9266
You Can Make a Difference!