Drug Free Workplace
New Opportunities offers a Drug Free Workplace program for company supervisors. Initial training is a 2-hour session, supervisors are educated on the following issues of substance use/abuse in the workplace:
- Supervisor leadership roles regarding a drug-free workplace
- Documentation of performance issues
- Identifying troubled employees
- Addressing their concerns with employees
- Referring employees for help/treatment
We also discuss substances to be aware of such as alcohol, marijuana, and methamphetamine. A shorter version of this program is available for general employees. A one hour refresher course is offered the following year for all supervisors. This refresher course is a good way to remind supervisors about the signs and symptoms of drug use in the workplace and also to pass along the most current drug and alcohol information. These supervisor courses satisfy Iowa Code requirements for drug/alcohol training in workplaces that adhere to a drug/alcohol policy.