If this is an emergency, please call 911.
Counseling is available on an individual or group basis and is also available to family members and/or friends. All services are provided by professionally trained and certified staff in a confidential setting. Click here for our brochure.
For over 30 years, we have served the community in providing quality, confidential care addressing substance abuse issues. Through the years we have helped countless individuals change their lives and the lives of those they love by becoming drug and alcohol-free. Through various services, we help to facilitate the recovery process within individuals. It is our belief that addiction is a treatable disease. We provide a holistic, practical recovery-oriented system to meet the varying needs of each individual.
Available Outpatient Services
- Walk-in assessment/Evaluation
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Assessment and evaluation
- State required OWI evaluation
- Outpatient Treatment Counseling
- Referral Services
- Family and concerned person counseling
- Drug screening/alcohol testing
- Assessment and evaluation fees are standard
- Sliding scale fees for individuals who have limited financial resources
- Iowa Medicaid Program
- Insurance—most private insurance companies cover substance abuse treatment
Professionally trained and certified staff provide confidentiality throughout all services. Federal Confidentiality laws govern New Opportunities, Inc. Specifically, 42 CFR Part 2, which requires thorough confidentiality compliance from providers, and protects the identity and treatment records of patients.
Drug Screening/Alcohol Testing
New Opportunities, Inc. provides urine drug screenings and alcohol testing. We have on-site testing which allows for quick results. We use a 6-panel drug screen and the Alco-Sensor for alcohol testing. We utilize Alere Laboratories for all confirmations of drug screens.