Whether you are just thinking about it, are ready to stop smoking (or using smokeless tobacco), or have quit and are trying to stay that way, there is an important resource for you. Iowans can get free information and counseling over the phone to quit using tobacco. Quitline Iowa is a toll-free smoking cessation helpline whose trained counselors provide:
- Available for all Iowans starting at age 13.
- Practical and emotional support, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Free information and materials through mail
- Referrals for assistance available in your local area
- Optional follow-up calls
- Complete confidentiality
- Encouragement any time you need it!