Random and Pre-employment Drug Testing
New Opportunities is here to support you in upholding your drug free workplace policy by providing pre-employment and random drug testing services in accordance with Iowa Code requirements. We offer a variety of options at a reasonable price. Call Carol at 712.792.9266 for more information and discuss options for your company.
Alcohol and other drug abuse affect the profitability of a company. It also impacts absenteeism, tardiness, and productivity rates; workman’s compensation claims; and the overall climate of the workplace.
- 77% of drug abusers are employed. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Substance abusers are 33-50% less productive (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- Abusers are absent 30-35 days per year and are three times more likely than non-users to be late for work. (U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
- Abusers are three to four times more likely to have an accident on the job and five times more likely to file a workers’ compensation claim. (Employee Assistance Society of North America)
- 21% of workers report being injured or put in danger, having to re-do work or cover for another employee, or needing to work harder due to others’ drinking. (JSI Research and Training Institute)
Drug-free workplace education programs are designed to assist employers as they work to create a healthier, safer environment for their employees and to address substance abuse in the workplace. There are a variety of programs that can assist employers in establishing drug-free workplace policies, and also provide education and training to employees and those in supervisory roles.