New Opportunities mission is to help families reach their highest potential in regard to their personal and economic self-sufficiency. Offering financial literacy education gives families the tools they need to build financial security.
New Opportunities offers Financial Literacy coaching in all seven counties served. Financial Literacy is offered at no cost to children and adults.
Adults and children learn how to
- Reduce debt
- Build savings
- Improve credit
- Create a budget
- Develop a plan to accomplish financial stability
- Practice wise shopping
Call or email Carol today to set up an appointment.
Phone: 712-792-9266 ext 1022
Resources for Financial Literacy:
- Work through a Budget Worksheet
- Meet with a Credit Counseling Service is a member of the National Foundation for Credit counseling.
- Recommend Credit Counseling: Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northeastern Iowa
- Identity Theft:
- Call: 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338)
- Identity Theft: Federal Trade Commission www.IdentityTheft.gov
- Know Your Credit:
- Additional Helpful Resources:
- Avoid Fraud - 10 Things YOU can do to Avoid Fraud, Federal Trade Comission
- Avoiding Foreclosure, working with a certified NFCC Housing Counselor, National Foundation For Credit Counseling
- Free Learning Source, Goodwill Community Foundation
- Numbers to Know & Places to Go, Federal Trade Comission (FTC)
- Visit OnGuardOnline.gov for tips on securing your computer, protecting personal information, and guarding against Internet fraud.
- YouTube Channel, Two Cents, has helpful videos about many financial topics.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- FDIC Money Smart