Healthy Pregnancy Program
New Opportunities provides Enhanced Services to pregnant and post-partum women in our service area, which include Audubon, Buena Vista, Carroll, Crawford, Greene, Guthrie and Sac counties. Health Education given includes:
- Importance of continued prenatal care
- Normal changes during pregnancy
- Maternal changes and fetal changes
- Self-care during pregnancy
- Relief for discomfort in pregnancy
- Warning signs to report to your doctor
- Labor & Delivery: normal process of labor, signs of labor, coping skills, danger signs, referrals to child birth classes and much more!
Presumptive eligibility for Medicaid can be processed by staff at New Opportunities, Inc. Presumptive eligibility is temporary Title 19 insurance for pregnant women while it is being determined if eligible for Medicaid services.
Resource links click on the programs below:
National Maternal Health Hotline