Does my child qualify for hawk-i?
- Be under 19 years old
- Have no other health insurance
- Be a citizen of the United States or a qualified alien
- Be in a family that meets the hawk-i income limits
- Cannot be the dependent of a State of Iowa employee
- Children who qualify for Medicaid cannot get hawk-i
What services can my child get through hawk-i?
Your child can get these services:
- Doctor visits
- Outpatient hospital services
- Well child visits
- Vaccines and shots (immunizations)
- Emergency care
- Inpatient hospital services
- Prescription medicines
- Eye glasses and vision exams
- Dental care and exams
- Hospice care
- Speech therapy and physical therapy
- Ambulance services
- Nursing care services
- Durable medical equipment
- Hearing exams
- Home health care
- Chiropractic care
- Mental health/substance abuse care
To apply for hawk-i go to www.healthcare.gov.
For more information check out the hawk-i Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa website.
You may contact the following hawk-i staff for more information:
Amy Hunziker, I-Smile Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org